A Little about Me
I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
I specialize in therapy for eating disorders, addiction, depression and anxiety.
My desire to become a therapist grew out of my own journey of healing and desire for wholeness. I believe in the healing connections formed when we share our truths openly and honestly with others. It is this human connection that provides comfort, acceptance and room for growth. I seek to provide the safety and trust that allows others to speak their truths. I believe that we inherently desire growth and move toward the light.
Outside of the therapy office, you can find me exploring outside with my kids and dog, surfing with family and finding inspiration in nature.
Education and Experience
University of California, Los Angeles - Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - 2003
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) - Masters in Integral Counseling Psychology - 2011
California Pacific Medical Center - Integrative Psychology Trainee- 2010-2011
Creative Health Services - School-based Child Therapy - 2011-2012
New Perspectives Center for Counseling - Adult Psychotherapy - 2012-2014
Lori Schwanbeck, MFT - Private Practice - Dialectical Behavior Therapy Group Facilitation Internship - 2014-2015
La Ventana Eating Disorder Program - Group Therapist/ MFT Trainee - 2009-2010
Lucille Packard Children's Hospital/Stanford, Comprehensive Eating Disorder Program - Milieu Counselor/ Health Educator - 2009-2013
Cielo House Eating Disorder Treatment Centers - Marriage and Family Therapy Intern/ Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist - 2013-2016
California Board of Behavioral Sciences - Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist #84274 - 2015
Post-Graduate Professional Training
- Family Based Therapy (FBT) for Eating Disorders - Kara Fitzpatrick, PhD and James Locke, MD
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Group Facilitator Training - Marsha Linehan, Behavior Tech, LLC
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Validation Principles and Strategies - Marsha Linehan, Behavior Tech, LLC
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy for Binge Eating and Bulimia - Deborah Safer, MD, Behavior Tech, LLC
- Treating Trauma Masters Series - Bessel van der Kolk, Dan Siegel, Pat Ogden, Peter Levine and Ruth Lanius, NICABM